Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Prophetic Art



I had to share a cool Jez story, which is also a cool art story. Recently, I have been asking the Lord again for a fresh word for Jez. I know He has said that she will speak, but I had begun to doubt her cognitive abilities, wondering if I needed to prepare for a life-long disability that will always need our care. If we were just dealing with the apraxia, it would be one thing, but we are dealing with major cognitive delays, so homeschooling her, teaching her to speak, etc is often a very frustrating experience. through our years with Jez, I am CONSTANTLY asking Him for a word about her, as we know so little, and she can say so little to help us understand! I can count the clear words from Him on my right hand, but a few weeks ago, there was a very clear one. He spoke from the Song of Songs 2:14, "My dove is hiding behind the rocks, behind an outcrop on the cliff. Let me see your face; let me hear your voice. For your voice is pleasant, and your face is lovely."
I felt so encouraged, and confirmed that what I had been feeling was true-that Jez was still not free in a lot of areas and that we still hadn't seen a lot of the real Jez. So we have pursued some more ministry prayer and that has been great. When my friend Geri called to ask me about the prayer time, I shared the verse with her. She said God had also showed her a picture of a bird in a cage with the door open. The bird was finally beginning to near the door, even though it had been left open. Then she saw the bird soaring. She knew Jez was that bird, and that our family had opened the door to her cage when we took her in, and that she was getting ready to come out! And what was so cool was that she said she had actually painted the verse about the dove! (She is an artist.) And that maybe she was supposed to give it to us.
Well, she did. And even cooler, Steve had actually encouraged her to paint it last year, encouraging her to paint with the Spirit. She even asked Steve to photograph the dove for her! Isn't God sneaky! So here's the picture, now in my bedroom, encouraging me every day. Never again will I say art is just pictures.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Sam,
I just checked your blog and was so moved by your story on God giving you a sign about Jez. It encourages me to continue to pray diligently every day that God will loosen her tongue so that she will speak. I love the imagery of the dove.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Love, Laura